Friday, December 23, 2011

Kick Ass

Though there are certainly times during the winter that I loathe having a huge sloped driveway, it does have it's perks.

I've slipped on the ice more times than I care to count, I've been forced to shovel it just to get the van out, my van has slid down it sideways more than once.

When there's more than a few inches, clearing it isn't just a minor workout.

Of course, I spend way more time out there than I need to.  I could just shovel it and be done.

The kids might stage a rebellion though.

I have a reputation to uphold, and I've got expectations to meet.

I build kick ass snow ramps down the driveway, with hills and turns and all that.  The best ones will launch the kids all the way across the street.  (Don't worry, we have a fairly isolated neighborhood and they've always got a spotter.)

I've been doing it for enough years now that I've got it down to a science.

Even the kids know the ramp is better the second day, after the snow has compacted more and iced up.  The neighbor kids start wandering this way eventually...and before you know it, I've got a ton of them taking turns down the hill.

In case you are wondering where we're at today, we haven't gone far.

But we've probably gone pretty fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts