Monday, December 19, 2011

Inevitable

I knew it would happen eventually, and quite honestly I am surprised that it took as long as it did.

You can only take two little girls to an animal shelter so many times before you come home with something.

On Saturday, our family grew by one.  One very tiny one.

Meet King George, III.
Don't ask me why his name is King George, III.  He goes by George, honestly.  The rest of the name is just about being pretentious and self-absorbed, as any good cat should be.

He's only 8 weeks old, so he's still a little guy.  He's already trained to the litter box though, Thank God.  I want nothing to do with potty training a child, let alone an animal.

Tom has been taking the girls to the Humane Society about once a month for years.  He thinks it is fun, I personally see it more as a way to torture your children.  They'd go look at the cats and dogs, kittens and puppies and leave.  Then the girls would beg for a kitten for a few weeks until the idea wore off.  I knew that one of these days he'd just decide to bring one home.

When I got the phone call this weekend, I wasn't surprised.

I was a little surprised that there were even kittens there this time of year, though.

It should be interesting.  I've had a cat for most of my life, but found out a few months ago that I'm allergic to them.  I've doubled up my allergy meds, but my eyes are already telling me that maybe this wasn't the best idea.  My doctor isn't going to be pleased, even if my kids are ecstatic.  

So far the dogs seem to be complacent, but I'm betting that all will change once the cat is released from our room, where he's confined almost all the time to adjust to being here.  Once he can roam the house, things might change.  We tend to have cats that think they are dogs and dogs that think they are people around here.

Wish us luck as we adjust to having a baby in the house, even if it's just a furry one this time around.

1 comment:

  1. aller pet pet wash for allergies. My hubbys also asmaticly allergic to cats but we found a tiny new kitten one night by the side of a dark country road. He not only saved him but HAD to keep it no matter his allergy. Oh he loved that cat - bathed away all his fleas and bottle fed it kitty formula for a month. But for the dander we would wash kitty with the allerpet and it keep the amount of dander and for my hubby the weezing down. And because kitty bathed from so young on he didnt mind at all. You can find it at petsmart.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts