Thursday, December 1, 2011

Hijacked.

Sorry I haven't written anything today.

It's completely not my fault.

My computer was hijacked all.freaking.day.long.

Tom stayed home from work.  It snowed just enough to make the roads a mess, and he opted to work from home.  Which is fine and all, but he neglected to bring his computer home last night.  Which means that mine was his.  All day.

He not only confiscated it.  He damn near deflowered it.

I did get to check my email that one time.  For like 3 whole minutes.

I do have to admit that I've been way more productive today though, not having my electronic leash.

I vacuumed, swept and mopped the floor, am on my 7th load of laundry, 3rd load of dishes, made banana bread and the beef stew is almost done.

Maybe I should contemplate doing this more often.  Or not.  Whatever.

I am not sure I can keep up this level of usefulness.

And I'm pretty sure I need a drink.

Of course, I have you people waiting....wondering.  Keeping me honest.

I was supposed to do things today that I didn't get around to because of the weather.

I shouldn't do that.

I'm at this place in my life right now where if I don't show up somewhere or write anything before noon, people start to wonder if I'm back in the ER.  Or if I've finally lost my ever-loving mind.

I haven't.  Not yet anyway.   No promises on tomorrow.

I have not even had time to watch the news hardly at all today.  Which is fine.  The biggest news story here is the one about the sheriff sitting the jail named after him, charged with exchanging confiscated meth for sex with men.

For the record, that's illegal.  Just so you know.

And seriously, WTF?

I'm going to sit now with a drink.  And do nothing for the rest of the night.

See y'all tomorrow.

I think I might contemplate writing about the photo ad retouching nonsense.  It'll probably be a rant, then.  It will also probably be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts