Friday, December 16, 2011

And not a moment too soon

I just finished making 118 tiny brownie Christmas trees.  While I was up to my elbows in green icing, my phone rang.  The song playing, Jingle Bell Rock, thanks to my husband, Clark Griswold.

And do you know what happened?

I didn't hate it.

I think I've finally started to find my Christmas spirit.  Took a while this time around.  At least it showed up before the class parties today.

I'm not sure why this morning is different, but it just is.  I'm not going to question it too much.  Instead I'll go with it and hope it lasts for the next 9 days.

I was thinking about gratitude last night, about how even though things don't seem to be right at all in my world, they are far better than they could be.

Besides, I've learned not to tempt fate by asking what else could happen.

I am lucky in so many ways, but there are times that I need a kick in the ass to remember all I am blessed with.

More than that, though, I am reminded this morning of how precious and fragile our children are.  Of how quickly our world can fall apart when something goes wrong.  Of how hard it is to be strong sometimes, but how we can find an inner strength we didn't know was there when we need it.

This morning, my thoughts and prayers are with a little boy and his family as they embark on a new and scary journey.  I hope you all know we are here for you, however and whenever you need it.  May you find strength and peace, and may that lift you up and carry you through this.

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Glad you're finding ways to enjoy Christmas this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you, Kelly. Was just thinking of you last night-wondering how you were doing. You are so right. My therapist reminds me all the time, that, though, right now life is tough for my family, there are many positives. We are so incredibly blessed by our son, health, etc. It is very hard to trust that it will get better but in my heart and mind I know it will.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts