Wednesday, December 21, 2011

....and counting

Ten days left.  Only ten days.

Then this no good, terrible, very bad year will be over.

Tick tock.

There haven't been many times in my life when I wanted the clock to run faster, where I would urge time ahead if I could, but this is one of them.

We've just had a bad run around here, and I'm about done with it.

Strike that.  I've been done for a while now, but the powers that be seem to be disagreeing.

All I want for Christmas is a little bit of boring for a while.

I could really handle a big old dose of dull.

Routine would be fantastic.

Monotony never looked so appealing.

You get where I'm going with this.

I had to take Tom to work this morning, and as soon as I left, fighting back the tears that wanted to come from this latest family challenge, this song came on the radio.

I'm feeling this way right about now.  Apparently, Bret Michaels and his giant early 90's hair agrees.

I'm feeling like I need something to believe in.  Trouble is that I don't do blind faith well.  I wasn't great at it before, and I can't let myself do it now.  That pesky self-preservation thing.

There are so many things in this world that are messed up right now.

Some of them are FUBAR.

Most of them are things I can't do anything about.  Like at all.  Which is hard for me.  I am a fixer.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step, right?

1 comment:

  1. Hard years are...hard, but they pass. I have ended this year afraid for my very life (health issues) but I am looking forward to the new year anyway.What's the alternative? Wishing you a positive year ahead filled with unexpected joy.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts