Sunday, November 27, 2011

This version of me

I feel a bit like I'm not doing anything right these days.

It doesn't matter what I do, it always seems like I'm messing something up.

I am usually the one who can fix things, make them right.  I can't.  I can't fix anything anymore.

I've neglected the things I am supposed to be in charge of.  I've flaked on others.

I'm too busy, too tired, too exhausted to even think about it most of the time.

I'm not one for excuses, but I seem to have a bunch of them lately.

I haven't been the most patient mother.

I haven't been a very good friend.

I haven't been a lot of things.

For a long time.

If it's worth anything, though, I think that things will get better.  I hope they do anyway.

Though this version of me is far from perfect, this version of me is still standing.

That's got to count for something.

1 comment:

Some of My Most Popular Posts