Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Mortal Combat

I'm sure there are many of you out there who don't watch Big Bang Theory.  I have to ask you why.

First of all, it's freaking hilarious.  The writers for that show are easily some of the most talented in the business.  It's one of those shows that you literally cannot leave the room or get distracted, because you will miss some joke with a two minute build up.  The actors on the show have great chemistry and fantastic comedic timing.

Plus, it's a dorky show about a bunch of dorks, and in my world, that makes it awesome.

In a recent episode, Sheldon was confronted yet again by his nemesis.

You have to watch the show to get why this is funny....but trust me, it is.

The fact that Sheldon has a nemesis is funny all in and of itself, but even funnier is his description of his list of mortal enemies.  The one he started compiling when he was 9 years old.  His list has a decent amount of flexibility in it, meaning that just because someone becomes a mortal enemy does not mean they are destined to remain on his list forever.  Some people get on the list for silly reasons, some for legitimate ones.

Made me think.

I've got a list.  We all do.

I know that hating someone isn't a terribly productive emotion, but in my life right now it's serving a really useful purpose.  The simple truth is that there are people in this world who fall more into the category of villain than others.  Not everyone is nice or honest or truthful.  Friends turn on each other and do unimaginable damage in the process.  Sometimes people change sides and become mortal enemies, even if they once were best friends.

I've added some people to my list lately.  One of which used to be a very good friend of mine.  Someone that a handful of you reading this know in real life.  Someone that I really should in good conscience warn some of you about because of what she has done.  This someone has no hope of redemption.  She's never getting off that list, of that I am certain.

I actually tried to remove her from the list through a good faith showing on my part.  Turns out, she was lying and hiding and deceiving behind my back even while pretending to be grateful for my forgiveness and friendship again.

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice....well, that just isn't happening.  Ever.

Over the years, I've removed a lot of people from my list.  These new additions aren't ever getting scratched off though.  If they are smart, they will never attempt to have anything to do with my life ever again.

In the words of my college roommate and one of my favorite people in the world,

They pissed off the wrong bitch.

Trust me when I say that you don't want to piss me off.

What about all you out there?  Will you admit to having a list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts