Saturday, October 22, 2011

The List

Everyone needs friends, this is true.

Everyone needs people they can talk to, people who have shared situations and can relate.  People who have children the same age and understand the realities.  People in the same careers or who have the same interests.

No man is an island, or something like that.

What I'd like to encourage for you here today is to have at least one in case of emergency friend.

And no, I'm not referring to the friend who can pick up your kids if you get stuck waiting for the train (you local people will totally get why this is legitimate LOL).

I'm talking about a friend who can take care of the list.

What list, you may ask?

The list of things that you wouldn't want anyone to know about if something happened.  The list of things that need to disappear in case you end up in a coma or paralyzed or dead.   The what if we are both in an accident or a plane crash or whatever and someone has to sift through our dresser kind of list.

You know....

that list.

Now, I'm not going to pretend for even one second that I have nothing to hide in my house. I do.  Shhh.

We all probably have something that we wouldn't necessarily want our kids to find or have the well-meaning family member come across when they are cleaning out the closet.

Maybe you have a secret shrine to Milli Vanilli.  Maybe you still play with action figures.  Maybe you have an S&M room in your basement.

I'm not judging.

I don't know how y'all get your freak on....but I'm sure that we've all got at least one thing that should be discreetly removed from the house before it gets "found".

And for that, you need a friend who will solemnly swear to take care of the list.

If you don't have one, get one.  For reals.

I may not be able to save your ass from impending doom, but I'm here to help keep your reputation intact. You are welcome.

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm going to come up with the BEST LIST EVER.... just to mess with my friends!

    tee hee.....

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts