Thursday, October 6, 2011

Arrived

Outside right now, the winds are blowing.

The air has that distinct fall smell to it, the colors are bold and bright everywhere.  The streets filled with swirling leaves.

The first winter storm watch of the season posted for the mountains already.

The crock pot is out and has assumed it's position on the counter, ready to be put to work a few times a week.  The kids actually requested soup a few days back.

The pile of costume accessories has grown and grown and grown, now taking over the entire formal dining room table.  The kids are on my case daily, begging me to put up the Halloween decorations.

I made two loaves of banana bread, knowing they'd be gone in less than 24 hours.   I'm craving something pumpkin flavored.

Summer has left the building.

Fall has arrived.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You can finally say goodbye to this crappy ass summer and move into a (hopefully) wonderful autumn!

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts