Saturday, October 29, 2011

Adventures in Wonderland

We started planning this year's costumes before last Halloween had even ended.  We really are those people.

I keep waiting for the year when Aidan won't want to play along, when it won't be fun anymore to dress up like the rest of the family, when he'll want to be a gory zombie like most of the kids his age seem to want.  Of course, I think that every year, and every year we end up with a full blown Halloween ensemble.

My husband is really hoping we let him pick the theme next year.  After being a Flying Monkey, Woody and Tweedle Dum, maybe I should let him.  What do you think?

This year, we went with Alice in Wonderland.  You'd think we might start running out of ideas for six themed costumes, but no.  We've already got a working list for next time.

We're about to head out the the city's Halloween parade, so this has to be short.  Here are the costumes, hope you enjoy laughing at us!  We had a great time creating them this year.

I do have to give a huge shout out to my mother in law for making the girls dresses and AJ's vest....me thinks I've brainwashed her a little about all this Halloween nonsense.
The White Rabbit, Alice, The Mad Hatter and the Queen of Hearts

Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee

The Mad Hatter

The White Rabbit

The Queen of Hearts

Alice

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh where do I even begin? First, AMAZING choice for a set of themed costumes. So many great characters. Second, major props to your MIL- those dresses are gorgeous! And finally, AJ. Holy cow you weren't kidding. At least the themed thing makes it slightly less embarrassing for him. Hehe. I love it. He is the cutest thing ever.

    You all look fantastic. Happy early Halloween!

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts