Thursday, September 1, 2011

Four More

Thank God August is over.

Can I get an amen???

This year sucks.  All of it.  I'm in such a hurry to just get it over with.

Only four more months.

I'm tired of being hurt.

I'm tired of being sad.

I'm tired of being tired.

I'm tired of feeling lost.

I'm tired of wondering.

I'm tired of all that.

I'm also tired of being hot.  It's been beyond hot this summer.  The sticky kind of heat that offers no relief even in the middle of the night.

I'm craving fall.  I want to be cold.  You can fix cold...you can't fix heat.  You can always put more on, but there is (or at least should be) firm limits to how much you can take off.

I want the house to smell like pot roast and beef stew, chocolate chip cookies and roasted pumpkin.

I want to walk outside and welcome the cool breeze.

I want to smell the change in the air.

I want this summer to go away and never come back.

Go ahead.  Go.

1 comment:

  1. I've had enough of this summer, too. Before you know it, you'll be in the middle of a Colorado winter, anticipating spring. Hang in there. And chocolate chip cookies sound delectable right now.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts