Monday, September 12, 2011

Buh-bye

We are rapidly approaching the official start of Fall.

Thank you baby Jesus.

The weather has already started to change here.  The nights are cooling off a little more each day.  The breeze is no longer like the waves of heat that hit you when you open an oven.  The sun going to bed a bit sooner every night.

I welcome this change of seasons for so many reasons, the primary one being that this summer has been the worst of my life.  I can say that with absolute certainty.  I hope that nothing ever happens to surpass what I've been through in these past months.  I'm pretty sure I'm flirting dangerously with the limit of how much I can take.

They say that God only gives you as much as you can handle.  I doubt very much that they ever had to handle this much.  Whoever they are.

I'm ragged and worn, tired and spent.  I look as done as I feel.  The change in my medications led to a sunburn like I've not had in years. I'm peeling, though most of my skin seems to be desperately trying to hang onto the golden tan.  The result is patchy, quite visible, areas of change.  I look like I'm molting.  Trust me when I say it's not a good look.

I've lost a lot of weight in a short period of time.  Not that I am complaining, but I clearly need to explore the depths of my closet to see if there are things buried back there that might fit right.

The stress and sun conspired against me, forcing a whopping cold sore to the surface.  As if the physical discomfort of them isn't bad enough, it's ugly.   Really freaking ugly.

My eyes are perpetually puffy, though that won't be improving for a while.  The pollens are already high again, and the sneezing fits that hit a few times a day tell me the leaves will be changing soon.  As long as my allergies are the only reason my head feels like exploding for a while, I'll be good with it.

I'm craving change.  Needing it.

And change is coming.

Buh-bye summer.  Don't come back 'round now, you hear?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts