Friday, August 5, 2011

Tiny Umbrellas

I'm about to do something that I never do.  At least not since I started this whole blogging adventure.

Something that I probably should have done several times already for different reasons at different times.

I'm stepping away from the computer for a while.  Turning it off and putting it away.

I am a little nervous about it, to be honest.  For me, writing is a release.  The screen and the keys, my personal therapist.  It makes me happy and it gives voice to all the things in my mind.

I've relied so much on it for a while now to get me through the ups and downs of the last two years.  Maybe that reliance is too great though, maybe it's become a crutch when it shouldn't have.   Maybe I've asked too much of it, of you all.

Or maybe I've put too many demands on myself.

Maybe a break is exactly what I need.

I'm aiming for a week away from this all.  We'll see how well it works.  If I make it the whole week.  Haha.

I'll have a journal on hand to jot down my thoughts just in case my head can't contain them, but it will be different.  Maybe I will be too.

I'm going to get up in the morning and grab a cup of coffee and the newspaper instead of the laptop for a while.  I'm going to relax and read a book once in a while.  I'm not going to worry about publishing times and topic ideas.

There may even be an occasional drink with a tiny umbrella in it.
I love tiny umbrellas.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Kelly. I think you have the right idea. Whatever brings you peace. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts