Friday, August 19, 2011

Sad Mommy

I'm such a cry baby.

It really is ridiculous.

My emotions have been on a bit of a roller coaster ride as it is. Throw in the first day of school and I'm a mess.

The kids decided yesterday that they wanted to ride the bus.  To and from school.

They didn't want me to take them or pick them up.  They didn't want me holding their hands and walking them to their classes on the first day, taking the pictures of them next to their friends and new teachers.

They are big kids now.

I just don't have it in me right now to try and convince them that they still need me.

Instead, I will trust that I've done such a good job raising them that they have a ton of self confidence.  I'll convince myself that even if they don't really think they need me, that they still do.

I will feign pride at their independence.

I will kiss them goodbye and watch them get on that bus and ride away, one more day closer to the day they leave for good.

Motherhood is really hard sometimes.

These are the days that no one warns you about.

1 comment:

  1. Sympathy tears over hear. I'm already dreading school. I mean, yes, it will be wonderful having my mornings and early afternoons back 5 days a week, but the thought of my kids growing up terrifies me. You're a brave mama. And a wonderful one.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts