Saturday, August 13, 2011

I'm going there...

Okay, so I have to confess to this minor obsession I seem to have developed.

In doing so, I'm also outing myself about one of my less flattering physical features.

Deep breath.

I'm a hairy girl.

I don't want to be hairy.  I have issues with it.  There, I said it.

Someone, anyone, please tell me that I'm not the only person who became borderline obsessed with hair removal!

I bought some depilatory cream a few years ago after getting tired of the constant need to shave my legs.  It didn't work any better or last any longer on my legs.

I hate...HATE...doing the yard work.  You know, the clean up around the edges that becomes necessary this time of year.

Mommy can't just go to the pool spontaneously.  There is planning required.

Ugh.  I wish I wasn't hairy.

Anyway, in my pre-trip preparations, I decided to get as much of the undesired hair off as I could.  I bought creams and lotions and new razor blades.  Then I got creative.

I actually removed all the hair off my arms.

Hahaha!

I can't believe I am admitting this.

I have this friend who has been trying to convince me to try waxing for a while now.  She swears by it.  Preaches about the virtues of it.  How it only hurts the first time.

But then, secretly I think she's one of those sick people who likes pain.  Mwhahaha.

I made the mistake of telling her that I Naired (yes, that is a word dammit) my arms, so now she is on a mission.

I need some feedback from those of you out there, my fellow hairy girls.....be honest with me.

How bad is a Brazilian???

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, from what I hear it's pretty nasty pain. I don't know if I could endure a Brazilian. I guess one has to weigh the pros and cons.....IF I had the money, I would have electrolosis. Get it gone for good. I have extremely sensitive skin and eczema. I did have my face and back waxed for my wedding. The girl who did it was good. I would go back, IF I had the money. Yes, there was pain involved but she used a cream which moisturized and cut some of the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to get Brazilians all the time, switched to shaving (everything!) and then went back to Brazilians. They're painful, but it's not excruciating. The worst parts are the strips up "in the cracks" so to speak. ;) But the pain dulls within a few moments and disappears within a day or so, and it's SOOO nice not having to deal with hair all month.

    And like your friend, I do think the pain diminishes over time. Now, I don't find them any more painful than eyebrow waxing. And I have learned to do it myself, which saves a TON of money!

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts