Thursday, August 11, 2011

I'm back

I'm back, literally and figuratively.

The break was just about exactly what I needed.  Well, that and one of those mind erasing memory wipers.  I could use one of those sometimes.  Ha!

I sat by pools and drank fruity drinks, though they didn't supply me with the tiny umbrellas I was hoping for.  It's okay, though.  The chaise and the sun and the drink was more important than the umbrella.

In the last six days, I've driven over 2000 miles.

Yesterday, I got to drive through what could possibly be the most beautiful place on earth.  Glenwood Canyon.  If you've never been there, you simply must go.  Just not all at once....part of the beauty of it is that no one is ever there.

I've been witness to the beginning of a new life.  New love.  You need to see that from time to time.

I've seen people I haven't seen in too long.  I watched people sing karaoke that I never thought I would in a million years.  I bowled a couple decent games.

I played blackjack.  Love that.

I got my creative juices flowing, and not even those at all related to writing.  I laughed until my sides hurt.  I cried tears of sadness and joy, sometimes at the same time.  I rediscovered the passion I have for a few things I thought I'd lost.  I wore the shoes.

I even wore the shoes bowling.

Yes, I did.

I was given compliments about my children, which reinforces my shaky beliefs that I am indeed doing a good job.  I met people I've heard about for decades.  I got hit on.  Twice.

Damn, that felt good.

I'm back.

In more ways than one.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're back and that you had a nice time away! Although I'm bummed for you that your drinks were lacking umbrellas...

    On an unrelated note, I just gave you an award on my blog! You should stop by and pick it up. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts