Friday, July 29, 2011

Why is it?

You can tell that we are officially into the dog days of summer.  I'm done.

This summer can suck it.

It was supposed to be an awesome make-up summer for the summer that sucked last year.  This one has just been worse.

Worst.Summer.Ever.

Strike that.

Worst.Year.Ever.

2011 can just suck it.

In addition to the fact that this year has just been terrible thus far, it's the end of July.  It's hot.  The kids are whining no less than 14 hours a day.  My house usually looks like a bomb went off in it.  It doesn't matter what I do, how much I try.  It's always dirty.

There are always 6 loads of wet dirty clothes and towels and swimsuits.  Plus potty training boy and the obvious need for daily laundry as a result.

The floor is always sticky.  I don't know why or how this is, but I highly suspect ice pops as the main offender.

Plus the dog is shedding.

I swear I vacuumed up enough hair two days ago to construct an entire second dog.

I need to do it again.  Already.

Someone backed up the toilet in the kid's bathroom upstairs yesterday and neglected to share this information with me.  Which is awesome.  Because now I need to bleach the entire room in an attempt to purge the nasty.

Why is it that no one told me?

Oh right....because we have two other perfectly functioning toilets in the house.  Which are both now dirty too from the chronic non-flushers who live here.

Why is it that my kids bug me constantly, whine, fight, proclaim how starving they are, need, need, need something unless I ask them to clean?  Then they can disappear and play the quiet game for hours.

Don't think I'm not onto this trick.

Wink, wink.

I'll deal with a dirty house as long as they just leave me alone occasionally.

School starts in 18 days....and I'm not about to be that person who says oh, but I'm not counting.  Lie about how I'm going to enjoy these final days of freedom with my children.  Falsely lament the fact that classes will start soon and how I'm going to miss their cherubic faces all day.

Nope.

I'm counting.

Next summer though.....it's going to be awesome.  Just you wait.

Just you wait.

1 comment:

  1. I've got a dirty house, tons of dog and cat hair, a pile of laundry that would require climbing spikes to summit, and a potty-trainee who keeps adding to the mess, too. I totally feel your pain.

    Brilliant use of the cleaning threat. It's a win-win. Hang in there. We'll have awesome summers next year, for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts