Monday, July 25, 2011

Tonight

After dinner, I went out front to put the milk bottle out.

Wait, for those of you who want to be wicked jealous, let me describe. We get our milk delivered to the house here, fresh from a local dairy.  In glass bottles.  Like it's the damn 1950's or something.  It's pretty awesome, truth be told.

Anyway....I went to take the bottle out, noticed the newspaper sitting on the railing.  There was an article about IKEA, which opens this week here in Colorado and has me so excited that I'm constantly on the verge of almost peeing my pants.  Meatballs and lingonberries????  Cheap furniture and bargains galore????  Textiles and planters and framed wall art????  Oh, IKEA....how I have missed you so.

Sorry, I got distracted there for a second.

I opened the paper to finish the article about my most favorite store in the entire universe, and heard the buzzing of a fly near my ear.  I reached a hand up to swat at it, then glanced at the sky.

Just as I did, a shooting star descended from the heavens.  The sun was setting, the sky filled with the vibrant colors of dusk.

And just like that, I had a wish to make.

Am I really naive enough to still believe in things like this?

It was the first shooting star I've seen since I was a little girl, and if I ever needed a wish, it's right now.

Wish I may, wish I might, have this wish I wish tonight.

Good night, my readers.

xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Oh, where to begin??

    1. I am so freaking jealous about your milk delivery I might cry. My grandpa has an organic dairy farm, and I still have to drive to get my milk. Oh, the humanity.

    2. Confession: I've never been to an IKEA. There's one nearby... Should I check it out?

    3. I still wish on every shooting star I see. I don't think it's naive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, yeah. You have to go to IKEA. For real. It is a destination, an experience, a full days worth of joy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are in the Denver area, but are nowhere near the new IKEA, Gold's Grocery at 26th and Kipling specializes in Swedish food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well. I shall plan a trip soon. And I'll be sure to let you know when I go and tell you about the awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts