Monday, July 11, 2011

In the rain

I didn't take any pictures, but it's okay.  What I saw yesterday will stay with me forever.

It's been a rough few days around here, with highs and lows that I never imagined. Rest assured that I am okay.  The kids are okay.  We are all okay.

There is work to be done, yes.  But it's work worth doing. 

I looked out the window yesterday afternoon to see what the sky was up to.  The weather has been as unpredictable as it ever has here.  The atmosphere and my life working in unison.

A huge wall cloud moved across the distance as I watched. 

I sat out on the back patio pondering life, closed my eyes to shut it all away for just a moment.  When I opened them, a perfectly formed heart shaped void in the clouds. 

Tears, again, but this time because I was reminded that he is still with me.  My father still watching over me.  And I knew that it, all of it, would be okay.

Just a bit later, another storm cell rolled by.  The huge raindrops hitting the windows, the thunder and the lightning and the wind. 

Then the storm fell apart, lost the energy.  It just became rain. 

I set them free to run and play in the rain, my babies.  They lept and twirled and danced.  They sang.  Their little faces grinning from ear to ear. 

Their daddy showed them how to make little twig boats and float them down the gutter rivers and I fell back in love with him all over again.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,
it is about learning to dance in the rain.

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear a happy post from you! I've been worrying and praying for you... Glad you were given this sign to help you realize you're not on this journey alone.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts