Friday, July 8, 2011

I miss him

People who've been through the loss of a parent before keep telling me that it will get easier as time passes.  That time will heal.  I have to believe them.

It's been just shy of 5 months now, and sometimes it seems like he was just here yesterday.

There are times that I would give anything just to pick up the phone and hear his voice again.  To ask for his advice.  To hear him tell me everything is going to be okay.

Today is one of those days.

I know that he is still here, I know that he will always be with me. 

But today, I'm feeling selfish.  I'm feeling a bit like a lost little girl.

I want my Dad back.
The roses I bought one that random day earlier this year are blooming.  His roses. 

I know it's a terrible picture, but I just don't have it in me right now to go all out. 

1 comment:

  1. I think it's ok to be selfish. Grief is hard. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts