Monday, July 18, 2011

Altered

I have been painting all morning and I haven't even turned on the computer until now.  My bad.

I felt an overwhelming urge to change every single thing about a room in my house, and it needed to happen right.now.

That ever happen to any of you?

Happens to me a lot.  Sometimes for no reason at all.  Sometimes for real and tangible reasons.

I can't explain adequately the therapeutic effect that painting has for me.

It goes a little something like this:

In my hands, I completely possess the power to change something.  To make it new and different.  To fix it.  To transform it into something different entirely.  To alter it.

There are times that you just need that sense of control.  Times when you feel not very much in control of anything else.

I can't do much about much right now, it seems.  But I can paint.

This, I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts