Saturday, July 16, 2011

about that....

You know that saying, the one about how god only gives you as much as you can handle.

You know my opinion about that saying, and how it's basically a bunch of crap.

There are people in this world who carry more on their shoulders than they should. And I appear to be one of them.

I don't know why these things happen to me.  I have no clue.  I wish it would all stop.

I wish the world, or life, or chance, or karma, or god, or whatever it is would stop testing me all the damn time.

You would think that by now I would have passed.  That I would have sufficiently demonstrated my strength and resolve.  But no.

So here I go again, being the one who has to be strong.

Being the one who has to take chances.

Being the one who has to sacrifice.

Being the one who has to suffer.

Being the one who has to hurt.

Being the one who has to keep pushing through, believing that I'm doing the right thing.

Being the one who has to blindly take a leap of faith and just trust that it will work out the way it is supposed to.

As much as I would like my world to stop spinning so fast, as much as I wish I could just wake up from this dream and make it all go away, as much as I want to run out the door and never look back, I won't.

I'm not that person.

I will stay and fight for what I want.

I'm too strong to give up.

Seems I really can handle just about anything.

That saying, the one about god, as much as I hate to admit it, is right.

1 comment:

  1. I was beginning to wonder when I read the opening lines. Each time you pick yourself up, you get stronger. The saying irks me once in awhile also. Yet, I can and do rant and rave to God about it. I used to feel guilt. I don't anymore. He's the one who made me, who understands me, He knows I'd rather rant and rave to Him than hurt someone I love with unkind thoughts, words and deeds.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts