Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ye Intruders Beware

Aaaargh.

I've been watching too many pirate movies. 

In fact, Pirates of the Caribbean 3, World's End is on the TV right now. 

As an aside, if the powers that be at Disney want me to keep paying to see the movies in this series in the theater, they'd best be bringing back Will Turner and Elizabeth Swan.  Did not love the 4th movie.  At all.

Really, I've been watching too many movies.  I've been held hostage in my house for almost all the summer thus far, and I'm tired of it. 

Me thinks the pirate movies I be watchin' are rubbin' off on me.

Mostly I'm just feeling like I need to let my inner angry pirate out.

You know it's not a good thing when within seconds of meeting someone, you are hearing that line from The Goonies in your head.

Ye Intruders Beware

And yet I heard it.  Repeatedly.

But I was nice.  Like so nice that I deserve a medal.  Frankly, I am a little surprised that I even have it in me at this point in my life to be so nice.

Y'all know it's not like me to avoid conflict.  So, it's not that.   There isn't a bone in my body afraid of confrontation. 

I must have been feeling charitable.  That's the only logical explanation for it.

Thing is....I'm done with that.

So far past done.

There are things in my life too important to let them be taken over by negativity and whining.  Things too precious to my family to be intruded on by people who neither know nor care why we are doing them.  Things that will no longer be opened up to those people.

My boat.  My rules.

Intruders: let this be a warning to ye.

Get off my ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts