Friday, June 24, 2011

Divine Intervention

Okay, so I was going to write about lotion girl.

She's gonna have to wait.

I've been suppressing that memory for well over a decade now anyway, and I'm not really in a hurry to be bringing it back to the surface.

Besides, I have to share something else.

Yesterday, I heard angels sing.   Really.  Then, not long after that, as I was literally thinking in my own head that if I ran into any one of a small handful of people, it would have to be fate intervening.

Or the big guy himself.

What happened, you might ask???

I got these.
Oh yes, I did.

But only because God really wanted me to have these shoes.

Let me explain.

I went to Target to get groceries and to troll the clearance shoes to get a pair for the boy.  Poor child, he has literally one pair of shoes that fits him right.  When his sisters were his age, they probably had more shoes than I did.  It's not right, I know. 

Seriously though, have you seen how freaking adorable little girl shoes are???

Anyway, I was there to look for shoes for AJ.  Really.

But I had the girls with me, and they were in the mood to shop.  They were content to dig through the piles of boxes on the end caps in hopes of finding something cheap and cute.  We didn't find anything in either of their sizes, much to their dismay.  It wasn't for lack of trying.

Then Ashley found these shoes.  Well, not these ones.  This shoe in a 6 1/2, which is not my size.  I immediately fell in love with them, which was fine because they weren't my size.   And they were completely impractical and unnecessary. 

Behind the last box on the last shelf of the last end cap, these.  Insert singing angels.

I tried them on and they fit perfectly.  I immediately took a picture and sent it to my husband, asking him if he thought these were worth the $20 splurge.  Sadly, I don't ever spend that much on shoes for myself. 

I know. 

Tear.

He asked me if I needed them.  My response?  I don't think anyone needs aqua 5 inch wedge espadrilles.

He liked them, told me just to get them.

I put them in the cart, still on the fence.  I loved them, but I didn't need them.  Life these days is about needs, not wants almost all the time. 

I walked over to the purse section.  Shhhhh.  You know that you have to take a lap around the purse section every time you go there too, just in case something amazing is on clearance.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.

On my way to the purses, I decided that I'd wait on the shoes.  I'd put them back.   Unless I was supposed to take them home.  Unless I ran into a friend who'd talk me into them or something like that.  Unless God himself sent me a sign.

I turned the corner into the purse section and my friend was standing there, also there for the obligatory purse lap.   Of course she gushed and squealed over the shoes with me, insisted that I need them.  Told me I deserved to get something nice for myself.   When I told her I already had matching nail polish at home, that was the final straw.  I needed them.

It had to be a sign.

Clearly God loves me and wants me to be happy.  He wants me to have these shoes.

I can't argue with divine intervention.

And, oh, are they divine!

1 comment:

  1. Those are fantastic. Totally not something I'd normally wear (I'm a jeans and t-shirts girl), but I have to admit, I'm a little jealous that you have those on your feet instead of me. I'd probably kill myself trying to walk in them, but I'd try. Haha.

    If that wasn't God speaking to you, I don't know what would be.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts