Monday, June 6, 2011

30 Day Photography Challenge ~ Day 7

Day 7 - Something you are afraid of.

This is one of the days I wasn't really looking forward to, but curious to see what I would come up with. 

And what you all will as well.

I'm not really afraid of most of the normal things that other people are.  Snakes, spiders, none of that.  I don't like bats, but I'm not scared of them.  I can't stand eels, but I don't have much occasion to encounter them here in the middle of the country. 

I'm not afraid of heights, though I am afraid of falling.  That's not something easy to capture on film, and it's really more a subconscious insecurity than a true fear. 

Then there are the fears realized in the last year.  Cancer.  Losing a parent.  Also not easy to take a picture of.

I settled on this one, since it is perhaps one of my biggest fears.  Having had some scares with my kids already, this is something that terrifies me.  I don't want my kids to get sick.  i don't anything to happen to them.  I don't want them to deal with illnesses or injuries.  I don't want them to hurt or suffer. 

The thought of ever losing one of them is my deepest fear.
Aidan at Children's for his second surgery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts