Saturday, June 18, 2011

30 Day Photography Challenge ~ Day 19

Day 19 - A Close Up Shot.

For this one, I knew right away what I'd pick. 

Since the day of this photo falls on Father's Day, there wasn't really any other choice. 

This is the ring my father gave me on my 15th birthday. 

I've worn it a lot off and on in the years since then, and every single day since he was diagnosed.

It's a simple ring.  I remember seeing something like it and telling him that I thought it was pretty.  He remembered. 
It's just something an amazing man bought one day for his little girl who wasn't so much a little girl anymore.

I miss you, Daddy.  Happy Father's Day.

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog through the NaBloPoMo page. I am so sorry about your daddy. I think that this was a beautiful gift from him to you. What a sweet memory.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts