Tuesday, June 14, 2011

30 Day Photography Challenge ~ Day 15

Day 15 - Something about yourself that you wish you could change.

Me and my self-deprecation love challenges like this.  Oh, the list of things I would change is long. 

Some of them are things that I may be able to alter slightly through diligence and attention, through discipline and effort.  Some of them are things that I probably can't change, no matter what I do.  And then there are the rest.  The things that aren't changing no matter what.

Those are the ones I wish I could change the most, probably for the simple fact that I know I'll never be able to.

Don't misunderstand me though.  I have very few self image issues.  I'm far from perfect, but embraced who I am a long time ago. 

Who I am isn't defined by my dress size any more than my shoe size. 

With time I also realized that though we may go to great lengths to attempt to change our hair, almost everyone looks the best with it the color and texture it's intended to be. 

I'm a real person.  With acne and moles and stretch marks.  With blemishes and imperfections.  This body is far from perfect, but it's perfect for me.  It's created and nourished four living, breathing human beings.  I think that's worth overlooking the flaws for.

There is one thing that interferes with my life more than anything else physically though, and it's my vision.  I'm practically blind, have been for as long as I can remember.  I can't even see the alarm clock. 

I wear my contacts far more often than I should because I have psychological issues with wearing my glasses.  If there is such a thing as junior high four eyed post traumatic stress, I suffer from it.  This is probably as close as any of you will ever get to seeing me in glasses.

Even if there ever came a time in my life that I could afford it, I am not a good candidate for laser eye surgery. 

Blind, I apparently will stay.

Grrrrrr

1 comment:

  1. Got my glasses in the second grade. By junior high, the comments weren't registering if there any made. Most of the comments I get now are along "Get some new glasses. There went out of style 10 years ago." which shows how often I buy new glasses.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts