Friday, June 10, 2011

30 Day Photography Challenge ~ Day 11

Day 11 - Something that you made with your own hands.

This one is tricky for me, and I'm not exactly sure why I put it in here.  You see, I'm not a very artistic person.  I took art classes in high school and liked it, the teacher even said I was decent, but I am a born perfectionist.  Perfectionists make terrible artists.  Nothing I could ever create was good enough for me. 

I love photography, and I guess to some degree that is an art form all in itself.  Photography, though, is about how you see things, how you view them, capturing and manipulating that image.  It's not per se about creating anything.

I was initially going to put in one of the things I've painted at those pottery painting places, but even those aren't impressive enough for me to showcase.

Then I thought of this. 

Cooking and baking is where I really do my best work.  I start from simple ingredients and combine them in intricate combinations, I use time and patience.  It took me years, even decades, to refine this art.  And I have to say that I'm pretty damn good at it. 

I love to cook and bake for people. It's my stress reliever and my way of showing love and affection.  If I really like you, I'll even bust out my no-holds-barred best dinner feast ever. 

A few of you are lucky enough to know what I'm talking about.

Here's one of my most recent creations, chicken piccata.  The recipe can be found here if you are interested.  And it really is as good as it looks. 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah...baked a cake today, spent the morning in the E.R. w/ hubby who was having chest pains and overall crappiness..(it's a word damn it)  Turns out to be just an anxiety attack..so I respond to his medical scare, by making him something totally bad.  

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts