Friday, May 20, 2011

Stop Cleaning This Instant! Jesus doesn't care if your dishes are dirty!

The end is near, so say a smallish group of fringe Christians.  The rapture officially on schedule for tomorrow.

Shoot. 

I have plans for Sunday.

The end's been near before.  Remember all the fuss over Y2K that Y2forgot.to.show.up?

The end of the world has been slated for plenty of other times.

Does anyone else think the Mayans are kinda pissed at the hype this Rapture nonsense is getting?   They so had the 2012 market cornered.

I just cleaned my kitchen.  About halfway through I thought that maybe it wasn't worth it.  Maybe we should all stop cleaning and enjoy what's left of today.  Just in case.  Wink, wink.

Sounds like a pretty good idea to me.

Jesus probably doesn't care if you have dirty dishes.

Except that this whole rapture idea isn't for all of us.  It's only for the "believers".  The rest of us get to stay here while the world falls apart.  Or whatever.

Too bad I'm a heathen and won't get to make the trip. 

Dammit, I still have to clean the kitchen.

Here's a funny post I saw floating around the internet about all the reasons why the Rapture isn't happening.  I especially love #3.  Sheesh Kanye....gotta go messing this up too....

1 comment:

  1. You have no idea how hard it's been for me to not go over to my ultra-religious neighbors' house and tell them goodbye. I assume they believe in this baloney -- they drive something like 5 hours to church every weekend because they "like the congregation." Anyway, nice knowing you.:)

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts