Sunday, May 8, 2011

30 Days of Music - Day 22

Day 22 - What is a song that you listen to when you are sad?

Ahhhh.  One of the questions that I knew was going to suck.

There are so many. 

I forget how many songs made it onto the CD from Dad's funeral services, but every single one of them was picked for a reason.  Special songs with special meanings, there for a reason. 

Deliberate.

Not a single one of them is a song that I'll ever hear the same.  There are some that I still can't bear to listen to...one of which is the answer for tomorrow's question.

This song is one that I'm not sure Dad ever even heard. To my knowledge, it's never even been part of a studio album released by the band, only included on a greatest hits album after the moving live performances of it at concerts.  It's had limited airtime, I've only ever heard it on the smaller independent radio stations around here. 

First time I heard this song....sometime in the weeks around the time he was first diagnosed.  Coincidence?  I'm sure it wasn't.  Music seems not to come into my life accidentally. 

The lyrics here seem as though they could have been written by my father. 

Just Breathe, Pearl Jam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts