Saturday, May 7, 2011

30 Days of Music - Day 21

Day 21 - What is a song you listen to when you are happy?

It's amazing what music can do for your mood.  I think.

Originally, I intended to choose a Black Eyed Peas song for this answer.  You know the one....about tonight's gonna be a good night and all. My son is obsessed with the BEP and I've already promised him a concert with his dorky old mom one of these days when they come to town.

But then I realized that as much as I love that song, it isn't mine. 

This one is. 

It takes me back to a place in my life where things, though imperfect, were about as close as they'd ever get.  College.

Man, what I wouldn't give to go back.

That was the life.  Pseudo-adulthood.  No one I was accountable to other then myself.  No one needed me.  People liked me for who I was, not who they had thought I was all through school.  I worked hard and I played hard.  Best.years.ever.

This song, an instant time machine.

Where my girls at?  Turn this one up.  Cuz South Central does it like nobody does.

This is how we do it, Montell Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts