Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Uncle

I'm tired.  Beyond physically tired. 

Funny thing is that I am sleeping, most of the time anyway. 

I just don't feel like I'm catching up.

And, to be honest, my life is entirely too exhausting.

I'm tired of the every.single.day.something.else.happens. cycle.

The kids.  The house.  The cars.  The dogs.  The family.  The grief.  The obligations.  The constant drama in it all.

Individually, these things would be manageable.  They wouldn't seem so overwhelming.  But having them all combined in the way that they are right now is just wrong.

I know that I can handle just about anything life throws at me, I do.

The last few months seem to be testing the limits of my abilities though.

I hate that saying that god only gives you as much as you can handle.  Sometimes that isn't true.  Sometimes people get pushed over the edge. 

At the other end of that spectrum, the lucky people who seem to coast through life without much to worry them.  And yet some of them seem perpetually overwhelmed. 

I don't have much patience for that right now.

I guess it's all relative, as is everything in life.

All I can really speak to is my experience.  I'd be okay with handling less.

Uncle.

1 comment:

  1. I know this feeling all too well. And I hate that saying, too. Because it's so not true.

    Not going to blow sunshine up your ass and tell you everything's going to be okay. Just know someone else understands.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts