Sunday, April 24, 2011

Some days

Some days start out great but don't end up that way.

Today is one of them.

I spent four hours straight in the kitchen rising dough for cinnamon rolls and frying bacon for quiche and making deviled eggs.

I was in my happy place.

And, by the by, isn't brunch just the most divine thing ever? 

Especially when accompanied by strawberry mimosas.

I turned out dough and rolled the rolls.  I layered the quiche pans.  I ate way too much.  I watched my babies finding treasures in the backyard egg hunt.  I laughed with my in laws.

I was doing a pretty damn good job of not thinking about where I was a year ago, standing in my father's driveway watching the kids hunting for eggs with him.

Then, through a series of unfortunate events, I was reminded again of how different things are now.

Of how different they will forever be.

I'm in a really bad mood now.

I'll not tell you why. 

It's just better that way.

Let's just say the reason isn't what it should be or what most would think it is.

Thankfully no one else wanted mimosas today.

I'll be funny tomorrow. 

Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts