Sunday, April 24, 2011

30 Days of Music - Day 8

Day 8 - What is a song that you know all the words to?

This is also a hard one to answer because there are way too many of them to count.

I think that I have an entire section of my brain devoted just to the memorization of song lyrics.  It's a little obnoxious, to be honest.  I remember all the words to songs that I haven't even heard in over twenty years.  I'm not as bad as one of my friends, though, she has songs completely memorized within only a few times of hearing them.

If only there was a way to truly harness the brain's memory power through music.

I suppose that for entertainment value, I should tell you a song that I know all the words to, but that you might not expect me to.  Like Ice, Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice. 

Or a song where it is challenging to remember everything.  Like We Didn't Start the Fire by Billy Joel.  Now, that is a lot of lyrics.

Only because another dear friend of mine is expecting me to come out with my deep love of gangster rap at some point during this challenge, I will profess my complete knowledge of this song.  Both the clean and unedited versions.  ;)

This is only one of the songs by this artist that I know all the words to.  This one came out when I was in college, loving every second of living in downtown LA.  I miss Tupac.  He truly was gifted.  And Dre is just a genius.

California Love, Tupac feat. Dr. Dre

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts