Friday, April 22, 2011

30 Days of Music - Day 6

Day 6 - What is a song that reminds you of somewhere?

It's not so much about any one specific song, this answer.  More so, it's about the artist.

From the second I hear the first beat of any of his songs, I am immediately taken to a place near where I used to call home.  A place that I always hoped to live one day.  Somewhere that I didn't spend nearly enough time when I had the chance. 

A place of youth.  Of fun.  Of relaxation.

Easy going, surrounded by beauty.

Somewhere that I could walk for hours, somewhere that I could sit and look out all day.  Somewhere that you can people watch endlessly. 

The sand, the sun, the pounding of the surf.  The feel of the boardwalk beneath your feet, the wind generated by the bikes and rollerbladers speeding past.  The sounds of the roller coaster in the background, a sky filled with kites dancing in the breeze.

Mission Beach. 

I miss San Diego.  Bob Marley takes me back there though, even if only in my mind.

Every time I hear anything by this man, I long for the days of 91X's mandatory Marley. 

Every day would be more awesome with a little Marley.

Bob Marley, Get Up, Stand Up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts