Wednesday, April 20, 2011

30 Days of Music - Day 4

Day 4 - What is a song that makes you sad?

Only about a million of them do these days. 

Just have to pick one?  I'm going to go with this one, because it was always the song running through my head more than any other in the last year and a half. 

The song that always makes me think about my Dad.

The one that describes so beautifully the relationship that parents and children should ideally have, recognizing that that time is precious but oh so fleeting. 

Jim Croce was a true and rare artist.  He wrote this song when his wife was pregnant, for the son he never saw grow up.    Croce was tragically killed in a plane crash when his little boy was still a baby.

He died weeks after this video was made.

Jim Croce, Time in a Bottle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts