Tuesday, April 19, 2011

30 Days of Music - Day 3

Day 3 - What is a song that makes you happy?

There are a lot of songs that fall into this category, and many of them are songs from way back in the day.  The ones that you don't get to hear all that often anymore. 

The one that I'm thinking of right now takes me back to a time when I didn't have much to worry about.  When hopping in my boyfriend's Jeep to head out to the beach was a perfectly legitimate way to spend an entire day.  (Don't worry, I married that boyfriend a few years later.)

It's a relaxing song that just makes you want to grab a cold drink and dance.  Instantly transports you to a party mindset.

So what if it's a little okay a lot on the cheesy side?  I happened to enjoy D.J Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, before Will Smith got all famous and responsible and changed his name back. 

And I've seen every episode of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.  At least twice.

Besides, you totally missed the point of some of the best TV of the 90's if you can't do the Carlton.

D.J. Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, Summertime

And for your viewing pleasure:  the Carlton...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts