Friday, April 29, 2011

30 Days of Music - Day 13

Day 13 - What is a song that is a guilty pleasure?

This question practically answered itself a few days ago on my Facebook page.  It's fitting that this week, the theme on Dancing with the Stars was "guilty pleasures".  On the stage during the show, NKOTB.

The hard part about answering this one is that at the time I loved this group as much as I once did, I wasn't alone.  There were million of other girls just like me, swooning over these guys. 

They broke up, attempted solo careers, went on with their lives.  At some point they got back together, recorded new music.  The true fans don't really care all that much about the new stuff though.  We want the original songs.  The ones we sang along with the radio to as we pinned their posters to our bedroom walls.

I saw them in their prime, along with a few thousand other screaming teenage girls.  I'd still go see them in concert now, though.

Step by Step, New Kids on the Block

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts