Thursday, April 28, 2011

30 Days of Music - Day 12

Day 12 - What is a song from a band that you hate?

I don't really hate any band.  Sure, there are some I don't like much and some songs that make my skin crawl. 

Then there is an entire genre of music that grates on my nerves.  Whiny white boy bands.  Middle class teenagers and twenty somethings who write all these songs about how terrible their lives are. 

Some of the bands I will forgive for their general inclusion in this genre because they are awesome.  Like Offspring and Green Day.  The ones that stuck around for more than a few years, because, wait for it..... they can actually make music that appeals to people other than 13 year old white kids.

This song (and this group for that matter) pretty much represents the worst of the genre.  The guyliner and black nails and dark mystery about them that is really so pathetically transparent.  Not that there is anything wrong with guyliner and black nails and dark mystery, mind you.  You just have to be able to pull it off. 

I don't think they can.

But then, I'm not 13 anymore.

This song is just wrong on so many levels that I don't even know where to begin.  Leave the classics alone, please.  You cannot do this better than MJ did.  You just can't.

Beat It, Fall Out Boy ft. John Mayer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts