Wednesday, April 27, 2011

30 Days of Music - Day 11

Day 11 - What is a song from your favorite band?

As much as I love music, I don't really have one favorite band.  I know, right?

There are many I love, more than a few that I'd love to see live someday.  And a few that I actually have.

I guess I will go with this band.  I know they are my husband's favorite.  I thought he might actually cry last night when he read the newspaper and learned that they played as part of a garage band series at a bar the next town over the night before.  He's seen them before, but they have a reputation for doing these super secret underground shows in small clubs. 

He dreams of one day seeing them in that kind of place. 

He saw them play at Red Rocks a few years back.  I was supposed to go, but lucky me...I was hugely pregnant.  I have this tendency to be either on bed rest or darn close to it when really cool things happen.  I missed U2's Elevation tour concert in San Diego.  The last opening day of the Padres when we lived in California.  And these guys. 

Foo Fighters.

I will confess that I don't love them nearly as much as my husband does, but I do love them.  In particular, I adore Dave Grohl.  He's hilarious.  He's an old fashioned rockstar.  And he was in Nirvana...which is about as close to the pinnacle of awesome for my generation as anyone could possibly get.

My favorite song of theirs isn't one of the super famous ones.  It isn't the one with the video that makes me laugh the entire time, mocking a Mentos commercial.  It is a song that many people weren't even sure was theirs at first.  It doesn't sound like their normal stuff. 

I heard this song for the first time sitting on an airplane, flying home from an emergency visit to see my ill father last year.  Feeling torn between the pieces of my life, wondering how much more I could handle, I heard these words for the first time. 

Wheels, Foo Fighters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts