Tuesday, April 26, 2011

30 Days of Music - Day 10

Day 10 - What is a song that makes you fall asleep?

The awesome thing about music in general is that it can impact your mood and emotions so deeply and instantly.  There are the songs you use to get fired up, and the songs you turn to when you need calmed.

This one is a hauntingly beautiful song, that I came across for the first time when I was doing my formal doula training.  It's a poignant picture of humanity in general.  I've found it particularly applicable to the experience of bringing forth a new life, then even more so at the end of one. 

The background music is gentle and soothing, I could listen to his voice all day.  I've used this for more than one client in labor.  I've turned to it when I need reassurance that fragility is a normal part of the human condition.  Most recently, I used it in the video my dear friend made to celebrate my father's life. 

Fragile, Sting

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts