Sunday, April 17, 2011

30 Days of Music - Day 1

Here we go again....another 30 day challenge.  This one seems like it might be simpler on the surface since it's just asking for a song on each day.  You know me though, I'm not content to just answer many questions with simple answers. 

I'm probably going to tell you why each song was picked, because that's just how I am.  Sometimes I might not though, so try not to hold it against me. 

I did do myself the favor of reading through the whole challenge first, just to make sure there wasn't anything that would be too hard to answer.  There are a few that will suck, but I'll get through it.

Here we go again.

Day 1:  Your favorite song.

This one is easy.  The first time I heard this song, I was a twelve year old girl watching a movie, completely falling in love with the idea of one day falling in love.  I wanted nothing more than to find a guy who would stand in my front yard and hold his boom box over his head blaring this song. 

Us girls and our love of grand gestures...never really goes away.

Many songs have since tried to compete with this one for the top of the list, but this is the one I always come back to.  The one that never ever gets skipped over when it's encountered on the radio, that I turn up the volume and sing my heart out to. 

Peter Gabriel, In Your Eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts