Monday, March 14, 2011

Not Too Early

So, apparently I forgot to change the time on my alarm clock this past weekend.

I got everywhere I needed to be yesterday on time, a by-product of my husband's diligence with changing all the clocks as soon as he got up.

Well, he changed almost all of them.

He even changed the clock in the van, which I can't do.

I'm an intelligent person, but I can't change the time on the clock in the car.

It escapes me.

He asked me once a few years ago why it was always the wrong time, and I just told him that I remembered to add an hour or subtract an hour (whatever the case was at the time), and it worked just fine for me.

He shook his head at me.

Yes, I am that person.

He's learned that he has to be responsible for changing all the clocks in the cars too, not just the house.

Thankfully my phone updates itself automatically, and no human involvement is required.  I'd never be able to figure that out.

Really, the only time I am responsible for changing is my own alarm clock.

And I forgot.  Shocker, I know.

I woke up to the sound of my mom trying urge the kids awake this morning, she was singing the same atrocious song she used to sing to me in the morning.  I squinted at my clock and wondered why she was waking them up so early.

Way too early.

Closed my eyes and tried to go back to sleep.

Until I sat up in a panic.  You know that panic. Where your brain instantly realizes that you totally screwed something up.

It wasn't early.

I got a shower in, got the kids to school in time.  It required a whole lot a hurrying, and thankfully mom had the kids up and dressed and fed.

One thing I didn't do...change the clock.

Here's to hoping that I remember to do that tonight.

But I probably won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts