Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I can't be the only one, right?

I have a few guilty pleasures in this world. 

Coffee.

Pretty pink martinis.

Reality TV.

That's about it.  I don't have the time, money or energy for other ones.

Anyway....I do have a few guilty pleasures. 

The coffee thing has to happen every day.  It just does.  No way around that.

The pretty pink martinis are occasional, but well deserved and oh.so.good.

The reality TV....well, that doesn't happen all that often truth be told.

Except Dancing with the Stars.  I've seen just about every episode of that show.  Ever.  Love it.

There is something really and truly entertaining about watching people outside their element.  I have to give anyone who goes on that show a ton of credit.  I'm not sure I'd ever want to shake my ass on national television. 

In fact, I'm sure I would never do it.

The season premiere was yesterday, a new lineup of psuedo-celebrities.  There are always a few real celebrities, but most of them are grasping at fame, glad for another chance to hit prime time.

This season has a few that are sure to be entertaining, regardless of whether they can actually dance or not.  The train wrecks.  The people who really believe that any publicity, good or bad, is good publicity. 

Top of that list, the last dancer of the night.  Kirstie Alley. 

Talk about a hot mess. 

Her weight, her personal life, her outlandish behavior, her own reality shows in the past, all have been out there in the public eye for a very long time now. 

She does have a tremendously self-deprecating sense of humor, and I can appreciate that for sure.

I have to admit to liking her.  To rooting for her in the past to overcome her challenges.  To squealing a little with glee when I found out she was going to be on the show this season. 

Then my loyalty wavered.  I thought she would be terrible.

That she'd be awkward on the dance floor.  That she'd be showing off a little too much of that now-infamous body of hers.  That she would really live up to what the producers were probably expecting when they chose her, and suck.

But you know what???

She was actually really good.  One of the best of the night.  She had natural rhythm.   She could move her feet without looking like there were bricks attached to the bottoms. 

And does she ever have personality!

I've got my favorite this season.

I can't be the only one rooting for a self-proclaimed fat actress turned wanna be dancer, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts