Saturday, February 5, 2011

This Wish

It's almost my birthday.

I'm not home. 

I'm not with my husband and kids.

There's no homemade cake covered with more sprinkles than any one cake should legally be allowed.

There's no big party, no real celebration.

I've got bigger fish to fry.

Being a grown up really sucks sometimes, and it's not like I need to necessarily be reminded of my age right now.  Getting older isn't much fun.

Though there won't be a cake, and there won't be a song, tomorrow night I will close my eyes and make a wish.

This wish has nothing to do with me.

This wish belongs to him.

This year, I ask you all to send the wishes you'd be sending my way to him instead. 

He needs them more than I do.

1 comment:

  1. Kelly- I'll be in Simi tomorrow...I'll make you a buttermilk cake, put sprinkles on it, and deliver it to you. Just let me know where your parents live. As for your Dad, the only thing I can give him is a little happiness for you in chocolate. Thinking of you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts