Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Insanity

Albert Einstein once defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. 

I've dealt with my fair share of insane people over the years.  I could tell stories for days about the clients I encountered working in the legal aid clinic or the families of patients in the county hospital. 

The kind of people which make you think you live an exceedingly normal existence. 

More frustrating now is the expectation of insanity from others.  The idea that we are supposed to keep repeating the same things over and over and over again, waiting for a different result.

I can only bang my head on the wall so many times.  I can't keep doing it forever.

I'm not insane.

At least not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts