Thursday, January 27, 2011

Walking on a Tightrope

I feel like I am constantly walking on a tightrope.  Like I am out there, miles above the ground, always a second from leaning a little too far to one side.   I can feel the wind rising up from beneath me.

I didn't write this morning because I was busy helping the person I am here to help more than anyone. 

I hope that I am. 

Seems like everything I do right now comes with a price.  A risk.

There are so many facets of my life these days that involve give and take.  Trial and error.  Wait and see. 

So many things that require a constant balancing act. 

My legs are weary, my pole seems like it isn't long enough to sustain this act.

But I will do what I am supposed to.  I will walk out onto that rope, I will grasp that pole in my hands, I will say silent prayers that I make it to the other side, and I will do it all with a smile.

Why?  Because I need to.

I am a performer.

Welcome to my circus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts