Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Today I Cleaned My Floor With a Paper Towel

It didn't start out that way.  I was wiping the counter and looked down.  I saw a spot that needed wiped up and so I got to it. 

Then, while I was down there, I looked at my floor.

Really looked at it.

It's worn and it's old.  The lacquer completely worn off in areas.  Dents and dings and scratches.  It desperately needs stripped and refinished.

Right now, it's pretty dirty too.

I realized I hadn't mopped since before we left. 

Guess I haven't been thinking about doing things like mopping my floor lately.  I sweep it just about every day, sure.  But no mopping. 

It needs a good scrubbing.  The hand and knees and bucket and washcloth kind of scrubbing. 

But I'm far from being in the mood for that kind of nonsense right now.

So I cleaned it with a paper towel instead.

One spot turned into at least 20.   One paper towel, one somewhat cleaner floor.

For now, that will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts