Sunday, January 23, 2011

Recalculating

Have you seen the new line of Allstate commercials?  The hilarious ones with a guy pretending to be an in car navigation system, barking instructions at drivers?

Genius marketing, I have to say. 

I laugh every time I see them, even now.  Even where I am right now, even what is happening around me. 

Ironic humor, I suppose. 

My life has been a journey in recalculation.

Sudden momentous changes, harsh and unexpected.  They happen. 

They are happening.

Yet I still find a way to laugh.  I have to.

I sit here alone in the dark again, in the place where I was not all that long ago.  I opened an email from one of my dearest friends, in it a gift. 

And I laughed and I cried.  All at the same time. 

I love you guys. 

I needed that.

1 comment:

Some of My Most Popular Posts