Saturday, January 29, 2011

Oh, The Places You Will Go

I look back and think of all the things I never thought I would have to do.  And have done.

It's a long and ever growing list.

The things I never in my wildest dreams imagined happening.

The things I hoped I'd never have to do.

The places I never saw myself.

Like here, now.

To some degree, there is an inevitability about life.  At some point, it all has to come to an end.  That's just how it works.  It's the how and the when and the why that happen to shift.

And it's those pesky little details that we don't get to be in control of.  That I am not in control of.

There are many people who have walked a similar path to the one I am on now. 

Even knowing that the path will be laid before you, even knowing it is coming, even being prepared.  It's still hard.

Then, one night you find yourself doing things you never thought you'd need to do.

Like I did last night.

Oh, the places you will go.

1 comment:

Some of My Most Popular Posts